It's that time of the year again where I find myself back in Athens preparing for that over-the-top event - Sorority Recruitment. Tomorrow morning, we will begin trafficking over 1,450 college freshman over 5 days through the Pi Phi house and look like Reese Witherspoon from Legally Blonde while doing it, all with the purpose of finding our best new members. What does this mean for me? Long days and nights working at the Pi Phi house and lots of under-eye concealer. Lots and lots of under-eye concealer. And high anxiety levels. Like, through the roof level.
"I L-O-V-E P-I P-H-I!"
Why go through all this trouble? It seems a little silly, doesn't it? People on the outside think it's about what we wear, the songs we sing, or the food we serve. But, from the inside few words can describe the new bonds and renewed friendships formed with sisters while working endless days towards a common goal. And the sleepless nights become worth it when we have our new members and get to give them what Pi Phi has given us. Sincere friendship.



No comments:
Post a Comment