10.05.2012

DIY: Faking Calligraphy


I've always been envious of people with great handwriting that effortlessly looks like it was created with the explicit purpose of being overlaid with a sunset background and pinned to a "Quotes" board on Pinterest. I'm not one of those people - my natural handwriting is hardly legible. This is obviously extremely limiting to a blogger/crafter. What happens when I want to make my own holiday cards or write "Happy Fall Y'all!" on a banner for my mantel? Nothing, apparently.

Until now.

After some digging, I found this post by Jones Design Company on faking your own calligraphy. It's much easier than you think.


In addition to the super user-friendly directions at Jones Design Company, I'd recommend first creating an alphabet. This will make writing in (fake) calligraphy much easier because you already have a template for anything you want to say. And grab some graph paper to really fine tune your letters.





It's all about faking it 'til you make it.



No comments:

Post a Comment