9.16.2012
DIY: Business Cards
I absolutely love the things I create in my personal time. It's super rewarding, stretches my dollar, and it's something that's unique to me. But you can't really put "Proficient Blogger and Skilled Crafter" on a résumé. For that reason I DIYed some business cards to bring people to this page (You made it! Welcome!).
After looking around on Pinterest, I found a few designs I liked like this one, this one, and this, and pulled inspiration from each to make my own. I especially loved the fabric sewn on!
1. Make your template on Microsoft Word. I used a QR code generator to make a quick link to my blog. This blog has a great step-by-step guide on how to make a QR code.
2. After printing out my design on white card-stock and cutting each card, I cut out fabric strips from old scraps.
3. Sew on the fabric! I was so scared to sew on paper but it wasn't difficult at all. It just dulled the needle so now the needle I used is specifically for-paper-only.
4. I grabbed an old cereal box for my heavy card-stock (Golden Grahams! Holla!) and cut it to the same size of the white card-stock with the design. Using Rubber Cement, I glued the back of the white card-stock to the plain side of the cereal box card-stock. This covered up the ugly underside of the stitching. Then I did the same and covered up the cereal box design with some nice hand-made paper.
5. Voilà! You did it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



like the way you find time and create it...i will use these templates when to Order Business Cards.
ReplyDeleteThis is great. So great idea. I have my plastic business cards but i will definitely try to make like this because your work impressed me so much.
ReplyDelete