12.28.2012

DIY: Box Top with Ruffle


Being home for the holidays allows me to spend a lot of time doing some of the things I love the most. Without any papers due or meetings to attend, I spend the majority of my free time hovering around my sewing machine.

When I found Cotton and Curl's blog earlier in the semester when I was supposed to be paying attention in class, I thought to myself "Oh great. Another mom with a sewing blog. I've never seen that before." But then I started looking through her DIY tutorials and then I realized the truth - this woman is a genius. Sheer seamstress genius.

I used her super versatile Square Top pattern and tweaked it a bit, adding bust darts and a ruffle.

Paired with some thrifted dark wash denim and neutral ballet flats? Perfect. Don't forget about the chrome nails and bright lipstick. I'm a happy camper.




2 comments:

  1. I love your top! I saw your link on Cotton and Curls and wanted to drop by and see how yours turned out. I plan on making one of these real soon (maybe today!). Thanks for leaving the link over there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice top!

    However, ""Oh great. Another mom with a sewing blog. I've never seen that before." is a surprisingly mean comment.

    I'm a mom, don't have a sewing blog, but don't understand why that would disqualify me. Should only childless people have sewing blogs? Beause they're hipper or smarter or xxx?

    ReplyDelete