5.26.2012

Road Trip Survival: Item #1

It's getting closer to departure for my road trip to Houston, Texas - click to see the countdown - for an eight week long internship with Teach for America. The fourteen hour trip demands certain preparations; principally, answering the question "How will I keep myself entertained for the entire trip?" So I've created the beginnings of a survival kit and I will gradually share each element as I create it.

That is, if I get around to creating it. Did I mention I have 3 days?

The first item of the Road Trip Survival Kit is... drumroll please... (anyone else getting that "Behind door number one!" feeling?)

1. Great music

I did my research found some amazing bands on Noisetrade.com (free music!)


Think Josh Garrels meets Avett Brothers


For Bon Iver or Sufjan Stevens fans

I also have a predilection for themes. So, of course, I created a playlist which a musical tribute to each state that we will be passing through which you can listen to here.

JW

No comments:

Post a Comment