6.11.2012

Week 0

The Operations Coordinators, which is a very fancy name for intern, are far from a homogeneous team. We are a group of people from different regions of the U.S. with varying cultural norms, religious beliefs, ethnic backgrounds, sexual preference, and financial situations. During Week 0 of Institute while prepping for the Corps Members' arrival I have gotten to know these people well. I am surrounded by peers who challenge me just by being themselves, and if that wasn't a privilege enough, I have the honor of calling each of them "friend". 

Molly is a perfect example of how good the Lord is to me.

At lease twice a day somebody calls me "Courtney". We're twinies. I know, how cute, right?

Annette is sweet. Annette is confident. Annette and I share a wall in our suite. I love Annette.

My day is never complete without spending at least a solid hour with Taylor. Easily the wittiest person I know.

Reagan and I were always meant to be friends. I knew before we even got to Texas when we started facebook messaging about this Call Me Maybe cover video.

Marina (on the left) is the pint sized Egyptian NYU student born and raised in "Jersey". She shows me a  New Yorker's spunk in her kindness. Lesley (on the right) is a west coast girl from San Francisco living on the east coast attending Cornell. I'm endlessly thankful for the long-winded conversations the two of us have about life, love, and happiness. The three of us make up the Office Operations Team.

EJ, or as we call him, Lord Everton. Just a casual nickname for a wise and powerful friend.

Megan (on the left) embodies spirited perseverance and Grayce (on the right) lives up to her name by always treating me graciously. 

No comments:

Post a Comment