Let me paint the picture for you - it's nearing the end of summer and you're pumped. Why? Because it's getting ready to be fall. And we all know what that means. Pumpkins, hot tea, football, and sweaters. Lots of sweaters. So you go to your closet, excited to put on your sweaters and the rest of your fall wardrobe so you can look like this...
... but in reality you end up looking like this...
...a lumberjack's wife.
Admit it, it's happened to you too. I'm guilty of this. It gets so cold that I wind up in an oversized flannel and unforgiving jeans instead of looking like Anthropologie's September catalog.
Why do we do this to ourselves? I have some theories:
1. Fall and winter clothes are just so expensive ("No, I do not want to pay $90 for your sweater, Free People.") so we settle for the ill-fitting cheap stuff.
2. We have no idea how to layer clothes. We just throw on as many pieces as possible until we're finally warm. It's cold so we cover up most of our skin and, let's face it, in today's society that translates to "man".
This fall, I'm planning on actually looking good at a fraction of the price by spending a hefty amount of time DIYing my fall clothes. I pulled from Lookbook.nu and Anthropologie, Free People, J Crew's Fall Lookbooks to find layering styles and inspiration pieces. Can't wait to share all my DIY fall pieces with you!




No comments:
Post a Comment